Bag Dag Fag Gag Hag Jag Lag Mag Nag Rag Sag Tag Vag Wag Zag. Eff you AEIOU and Y.

Friday, January 23, 2009

Table for One

Today I attended a spectacular play. It was intended to give the audience an emotional rollercoaster, and it did! I cried, laughed, was afraid and the list goes on. It is certainly one of the most intriquing plays I have ever seen. I would not mind seeing it again tomorrow. It is called Cursed. 

The only thing not spectacular about my night was the fact that my bf got sick. It worried me and to be honest, it was very selfish of me to go to the play. I should have been taking care of him. I should have been making him things that would help him feel better, but I didn't. I went to the play and I went by myself.

Going to the play by myself was an experience I do not want to remember. Not only is there no one to converse with, but being surrounded by countless of groups of people is enough to make a person nervous. I stood in line alone. I sat alone. I waited until 8PM for the play to start by myself. I was beside myself while I was laughing, crying and was afraid. By the end, the only people I could reflect the play experience with was myself and it is this point that makes me feel the most lonely.

This is not a rant about my bf being sick, but rather an eye-opener for those who regularly go to plays by themselves. This rant refers to those who ask for "table for one" in a restaurant. I always wanted to know what it was like to go to the theatre by myself, but i can tell you... never again.

Tonight, I feel lonely. I can't imagine those who live alone. Suddenly, I have an immense appreciation for the "loners".

No comments:

Post a Comment